coil spring snapped

A home owner from Minnesota says:
The coil on our track window has snapped. Need a replacement and instructions on how to fix it! Help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15823023352391224409691994617502.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The first thing I noticed in your photos is that your top tilt latch is missing. Consider going with our 26-244 as a replacement. I will also place a video below on how this is done. For the coil springs, you will need to tilt the sash in and show us a complete coil balance system so we can further assist you. 

We do have the tilt latch for the traco windows
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15823070632362660108094976100524.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. Looking at the style of your old pivot shoe and coil covers, I think you'll want our Series 180 coil balance. This is designed to work with the 15-087 and 15-086 covers, which look to match yours very closely.

You will need the stamp off the old spring to confirm the best Series 180 option.

Where do I find the stamp off the old spring?
I'm afraid if I open the window, I wont be able to close it.
Profile picture of Tom

The stamp is printed flat on the band itself. It should be around where the holes are. You won't be able to read it unless you take the old springs out, unfortunately. 

How do I get the old spring out? Does the window need to be opened to do it?
Do you have a place near me that can come out to fix it? I live in Plymouth, mn.
Profile picture of Tom

We don't have physical stores, unfortunately. Our business is exclusively online. I'm sure you can find a service person who can come out and look at your windows for you, though, that's just not something I can help with.

The window sash has to be out of the window for you to take the springs out. I recommend watching the video below; it features a different balance than what you have now, but the principle is more or less the same. If you aren't able to remove the balance on your own then you should definitely have a local professional do it for you.

Thank you. When I figure it out, I'll be ordering parts!
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.