commercial door center felt wool needed

A handy person from Kansas City, MO says:

I ordered (1) 58-161 : Gray Pile Weatherstrip, 11/32" x 11/32" and it tends to fall out of the groove between the doors. What is the correct part #. The old wool did not have a hard backing and the T was thicker than the purchased thin plastic backing. I would like to order an 6+ foot strip soon.

I also need the aluminum sweeps for the inside of the doors. One is missing, but the wool T is the most important item.

Thank you,

Nathan

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221026_190632.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221026_190647.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Nathan. I'm afraid I don't know what size wool pile you need. That's only something you can answer at this stage, by measuring the original sample. I'd be happy to review your dimensions once you get them.

As for the sweep, I would need to see a clear photo of the end profile, as well as detailed written dimensions, in order to recommend a match.

A handy person from Kansas City, MO says:
The old T is 11mm wide and the old wool is flattened down to 5mm. Here are pictures of it.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221104_091721.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221104_091746.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! That's fairly big, but since this is a commercial door that isn't entirely unexpected. The only pile we have whose size comes close would be our 58-050, which is 7/16" wide by 7/16" tall. More precisely, .437" x .450". That's pretty close to what you're working with. Yours seems a lot shorter than ours but that may just be due to compression.

Give the 58-050 a look and see what you think!

Profile view of 58-161
Profile view of 58-161

How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.