constant force window balance spring replacements

A handy person from Barrie, Ont. Canada says:

I have two broken spring balances in a window. The coil has a #7 stamped on it and is 1/2 wide by approximately 45 inches long (tough to measure. I thing your #7 replacement will work but not sure if it is 1/2 wide. Thanks

Norm

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMGA0007.JPG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Hi Norm,
The S150-7 is 1/2" wide and the only replacement with a curved tongue that resembles your original coil, so you should be in good shape! Thanks for posting!
Profile picture of Casey

We're happy to help! Please let us know if you need anything else.

Will order today.
Thanks, Casey,
Norm
Got the springs in early June 2020, installed them PDQ and the window glides up and down effortlessly. The other plastic parts I ordered are just my insurance in case the old plastic parts fail in the future. The original window makers (small family business) in Sundridge, Ontario, Canada has no spare parts left for windows they built in the 90's and had changed their spring systems to completely different ones. I am letting them know you have parts for their 90's windows. Thanks. Norm
Profile picture of Casey

I'm happy to hear that everything worked out! Please let us know if we can help with any other repairs.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.