constant support spring balance

A quick learner from Ottawa, CANADA says:
I have taken 2 pictures that show what I am working with. I believe by appearance and measurement that the "shoe" part of this assembly is possibly 15-175. I have not discovered any identifying markings on the windows.

There are straight pivot bars at the bottom corner of each window measuring approximately 3 to 3-1/2 inches. The pivot bars fit into a hole in the side of the window with 2 screws driven from the bottom of the window into 2 pre-drilled holes in the window and the pivot. The opposite end of the pivot is shaped to fit snuggly into the pivoting cam.

Each of the shoe assemblies is paired with a single spring within a separate assembly.

The spring assemblies don't appear to be broken, but many of the shoes and pivots are broken and/or missing.

I am wondering if it is best to replace both the spring assembly and the shoe assembly at the same time (including all their parts and screws), and their pivot bars.

Can you please share some recommendations please?

How much would each "complete" mechanism cost, including shoe assembly, spring assembly, pivot bar and screws etc.?

I do not have a weight for the windows. They are double hung sashes, with each sash measuring from about 20 inches wide by 16 to 20 inches high.

Thank you for your assistance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190412_121355.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190412_120133.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I agree, this looks like the 15-175 shoe; just compare the dimensions to confirm it's a match. This shoe is compatible with our Series 152 Coil Springs. If your old springs aren't torn or damaged, then there's no need to replace them at this time. If you do want to replace them, you're going to need to look for stamp numbers on the coil springs to determine what spring weights you need. If there are no stamp numbers, then it would be best to weigh your window sash, as that exact weight is the only way of knowing for sure what the spring weights needed will be. The housing we sell for these springs is an assembly of our 15-145, 15-143, and 15-144 that sandwiches around the coil spring. For screws, see our 33-072

It's difficult to say what pivot bar you need without seeing an undamaged version. The overall length of the pivot bar is not as important as the distance between the center of the mounting hole(s) to the tip of the pin that fits into the pivot shoe. See either our 26-226 or 26-352 and let us know if one of these is a good match. Finally, all pricing is listed on the online shop. Many thanks. 

How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.