counter balance spring - Code 302-1

A landlord from Fresno, California says:
Single hung, double pane, aluminum frame. The counter balance looks like the picture on your 'swisco.com' opening page, just left of the lower picture. It is the one with the tube and red insert, the insert is 1/2"OD. No markings on the counter balance mechanism. A decal shows 'Code 302-1', 'Spec DH-81', 'Series 511, 520', 'Mst: 4'0" x 5'0" ', 'Conforms to ANSI/AAM 302.9'

I have several sizes of these windows needing the counter balance springs.

Thank you, Eddie
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hi Eddie,

It sounds like you have our Series 600 replacement spiral balance, but I would like to confirm this with you.

Is your window a tilt window?

Remeasure the balance diameter, it should be 9/16" (which is very close to your initial measurement of 1/2")

After we confirm which series balance you have, our next step will be to determine the balance length. To measure the balance length, measure just the metal tube (do not include the colored tip).
How to measure the length of the Series 303 spiral balance.
How to measure the length of the Series 303 spiral balance.
A landlord from Fresno, California says:
You are correct, the tube OD is 9/16".
I have two sizes 18" (need two rods, enough for one window) and 29" (need 18 rods, enough for 9 windows). All of them have a red plastic tip.
You have two tools to wind up the spiral rods for a preload, which one do you like best.
On the spiral rod at the red tip end there are two cross pins, which one is grabbed by the tool to adjust the preload, the one closest the end?
Are there any miscellaneous hardware items I should be ordering the I might find broken once I open it up?
Please provide me with the part #'s so I can order.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP :)
eddie

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I recommend the 75-006 Charging Tool.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.