cove spring cap

A quick learner from Jacksonville, FL says:
Hello, this part is a plastic cap that sits on top of the window sash on each of the top corners. The cap engages with the spring, and helps to counterbalance the window.

These windows are from a new construction home built in 2003. The part is a plastic piece, it screws into the window sash with a single metal screw. I have a video that I uploaded to youtube that shows the window sash removed and one of the broken caps that need to be replaced, it can be seen here:

Spring and window dimensions are Spring: 30" height, 1/2" deep (or wide).
Window is 31"h x 46"w

Some markings on the spring say BSI 10, and 29_6

Thanks, hope that you can point me in the right direction with these parts.

PS, do you offer expedited shipping?

User submitted photos of window hardware.
A quick learner from Jacksonville, FL says:
I took a look through your catalog I would say it looks an awful lot like this item; described as a top sash guide:


I suppose you could answer my second question if you offer expedited shipping?

A quick learner from Jacksonville, FL says:
So i took a few measurements the piece I have. It looks a lot like part 18-036 but dimensions not quite perfect. If anything your part is a hair smaller which should probably work still. Here is an edited photo showing my dimensions.

I'll wait for someone to answer b4 ordering just to be sure. Thx.
User submitted a photo of a top sash guide.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. This is not the 18-036, it looks too different and the measurements do not appear to line up. Based on your pictures, I think our 18-166 is a better match. Carefully look it over and see what you think. We offer many different shipping methods, including expedited.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)