crank and operator replacement help

A home owner from Santa Rosa beach Florida says:

Good morning.

I have some older Certsinteed Windows.

The warranty sticker reads "October 1999."

Casement Windows.

A recent Home Imspection has revealed a pattern of failure with the hardware on the bottom of windows which allows the window to track open and close.

The hardware, shown in the photos, includes a black (hardened platcic ?) component on the track which has all but disintegrated.

Hopefully the tracking assembly comes in a kit so that the arm and fastening components can be changed at the same time.

Oh yes!

I be.ive thst the line of Certsinteed window might have been "Brynn Marr"

Thank you!!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E91D6656-ADEF-4508-810A-9E4A1375BB51.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 760968D5-F912-473E-A321-83F50AB19B1B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BB4B8F90-14EE-4470-A98E-CC3685C3E581.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Take a look at the 36-004-10 stainless steel casement hinge along with the related video. I believe this would be a good replacement.

A home owner from Santa Rosa beach Florida says:
Dave Sr.
I can not tell you how relieved I was to see your post.
Thank you.
Looking at my window a tliitle more carefully.
I see the manufacturer stamp indicating "TRUTH"

Another thing, and maybe it doesn't really matter, but the longish bar on my assembly hinge measures not 10 inches, but 13 inches.

I suppose that the smaller 10 inch hinge wouldn't allow for the window to track 90 degrees open, yes?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8C123D00-7B9F-40D9-8A83-720ABB267779.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us with this additional information. Since your hinge is on the longer side, you may want to use the 14" hinge 36-004-14. It will give you a wider reach to open the window to its full ability. Thank you!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)