custom balances for tip out windows

A quick learner from Eldon mo says:

I have two balances per window. Windows are tip outs. I ordered from you. I received my order and they are 795, 21c. What mine have are 20 e. Will the 21 work. I'm told that you don't have 20e. They will need to be custom made. What will the cost difference be between the 20 c be.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

If your old balances are stamped 20E, then the 21C stamp will not work. The first problem is that your old balance is likely 20" long, not 21" long. 

The second problem is that it's just too weak. A good way to confirm is to weigh your sash on a scale. The special 20E stamp for 20" long balances can carry sash weights of 22 through 26 pounds. If your sash weight falls in this range, it will have to be specially made.

Before we go any further, I'd like you to confirm the length of your balance. the price will vary depending on what size you need. Once I know that, I'll email you a special order link and price quote for 6 in that size. 

Sash weight is 20pounds. Balance is marked 20e. When checking the other 3 windows the balances are marked 20d.
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for getting back to us. Were you able to confirm the length of the metal channel? That will play a big deciding factor in what will work for you.

Yes 20 inches
Profile picture of Tom

Great, thanks. If your sash is exactly 20 pounds, then the 20D option should work great. This can carry a sash weight of 18 through 22 pounds.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.