difficulty in installing 55-109 spline

A home owner from tannersville pa says:
I just purchase the 55-109 spline for my 20 year ago forever door. Once inserting the spline correctly and using the tool to lock it in place the spline immediately pops out. I tried using the previous spline and it holds fine and doesn't pop out. I also tried using the new spline on just the door itself and it holds fine. Can you give me some help?

Thank you
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure why you are having a problem with the 55-109. We have been using this to repair Forever doors for years and I've never once had an issue. Do you have extra thick screening material? Also take a look at our video on how we install it. Maybe there is something here that can help.
Close-up of 55-109 Screen Spline Install
Close-up of 55-109 Screen Spline Install
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to rescreen a Forever Storm Door insert
How to rescreen a Forever Storm Door insert
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.