Replacement window sash lock 2 ¾" by 1 ¼".

A quick learner says:
I'm looking for four sash locks for my vinyl Viking windows. The sash lock is 2 ¾" by about 1 ¼". I have attached a photo. Please note that the "receiver" is very thin. (I purchased a replacement part on Amazon, but the "receiver" was too thick, which prevented the window from opening.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4469.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I believe that your assembly was discontinued but it does remind me of the 90-278 sash lock. Please note that you would need to confirm if the 2-1/16" installation holes and 11/16" backset match your specifications. 

As for your face-mounted keeper, the part that comes with the 90-278 doesn't install the same way but look over the dimensions of the 90-282 recessed keeper to see if this might work as a replacement. If not, you may need to reuse the original keepers if they're still in good condition. Take a look and see what you think. 

A quick learner says:
Thank you. However, there are two reasons why this lock won't work

1. The "receiver" needs to be mounted vertically, not horizontally
2. The "receiver" is too thick - it needs to be very thin for the window to open.

Any other ideas?
Dave
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, these would be our closest replacement options for your original hardware, although I'm not sure what you mean by the keeper being mounted vertically. If this is a sliding window and these parts are mounted on the side of the sash, that would make sense and the parts that we recommended would still be able to be installed that way.

If the dimensions of the 90-282 won't work for you, unfortunately, we do not carry a better match. If your original keepers are still in good shape, you may be able to reuse them with the 90-278 sash lock. I'm sorry that we can't offer more assistance at this time. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.