door handle for sliding glass patio door

A home owner from Chilliwack, BC says:
We have a "handle" type on the inside of the patio door, but on the outside there is a flat (more or less) plate with a slight indent by which the door is supposed to be opened using my fingers. It worked for years, but now my fingers are not strong enough to slide the door open when I want to get into the house.

I would need a small handle or something (instead of the "flat indented" type of plate that I could get a hold of in order to slide the door.

Is there anything that I could buy with a small knob or handle on the outside instead of this little indent so I could open the door with my hand rather than with fingers?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It sounds like you have a patio door lock set similar to our 82-008, or at least something in the same style. I'm afraid they don't make outside pulls for these lock sets. We sell various interior pulls, but it would take some handy work to get them to work on the outside. Theoretically, you would install one above or below the lock, assuming your door can accommodate such an alteration.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)