door latch for sliding glass door

A home owner from Alexandria, VA 22301 says:
I have a 4-panel glass door. The windows are double pane, and the panels are very heavy. The 2 inside panels slide open. I have two problems with the panels that slide open:
1. The latch on the door has broken off (IMG 3121).
2. The seal on the sides of the doors do not fit snugly against the adjoining side panels anymore.

Can you possibly have a replacement handle with a latch that can be installed in this door.
Do you think I need to replace the weather stripping on the sides of the doors, or can an adjustment be made on the bottom of the doors. There are 2 'covered/plugged' holes at the bottom of each sliding door. I think this might be where an adjustment can be made??

This was a used door that a contractor installed for me.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3118.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3119.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3120.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3121.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0653.jpg
Not sure if this will help with anything, but between the panels of glass on the bottom of one of the doors, the following is etched in the metal:
CIG 04 EGCC® CBA IGMAC
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

For the thumb latch, see our 82-107. Note that the latch might have broken due to the mortise lock being damaged. If that's the case, see our 82-226. It does sound like you might need new weatherseal. We can help, but we need you to remove a sample and show us the seal's 'end profile'. We'll do our best to narrow down what you need from there. 

The latch in my current Mortise lock (82-226) engages downward, and your installation guide says that it should always engage upward. ~
1. Could that have caused issues with the lock; hence, the thumb latch breaking off?
2. Can I remove it, and then install it so that the latch engages upward?

My current keeper is flat, not like 89-020 or 89-021. See pictures attached. Should I order a new keeper? Where my current keeper is installed in the door seems to be a hot mess. I am going to have a professional come over to install what I purchase. Hoping he will be able to resolve any issues with the door itself, if there are any.

I think I would like to switch from just a thumb latch lever to a keyed lock. Couple of questions:
1. Would I then order the 82-086 Legacy Keyed Handle?

What is your return policy? If I order parts that the installer later says I don't need, can I return them? Are there restocking fees? Please share. THANKS!!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3284.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3285.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3286.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Maybe I can help. You say your lock engages downward. What might happen is that if you have some play at the top of the door, then the door could be lifted up off and out of the keeper. I'm not saying that's necessarily the case, but it's a risk. That is why we show it locking up. As for the key locking handle, the 82-086 legacy should work on your door. As for the keeper you door take a keeper like the 89-017. The jamb does look bad where the keeper is located. See if you can get behind it and make up a metal plate to attach it to. Or if you can't get behind the jamb, make up a plate to extend the mounting bracket for your keeper.

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.