double hung wooden windows

A contractor from Marietta says:
I am restoring some old (1946-7) single pane double hung windows, I am looking for jamb sliders, and more so the springs that go on the side, they have a spring and a flat twisted piece that goes into a tube that fits in the side of the sash of the window. can you help? the sashes have 6 lites each in the sash.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I would recommend our Series 500 5/8" diameter spiral balance for non tilt windows, as well as our 17-012 metal bracket to connect it to the sash at the bottom. This balance system has been very popular since the 1940's for wood sashes like what you describe.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)