for a Spiral Balance window- What is the "pivot shoe"

A quick learner from California says:
Your depiction of the Swisco com/d/series 900 Spiral balance 3/8" diameter 17" long appears to be the correct tube assembly for my window. The spiral insert end of the two assemblies needing replacement appear to be rusted off. Your catalog describes the end of the spiral insert to have "double pins to catch the pivot shoe"

Questions: 1) What is the "pivot shoe"? 2) is it a separate item that can be purchased from Swisco? 3) If answer to #2 is YES, what is the appropriate part number, and price per each. 4) When purchasing the correct "pivot shoes" for a standard aluminum frame window mounted vertically with moveable window in the lower pane position (moving up to open) is there a distinction between the pivot shoe to be installed on the right side vs Left side? 5) if answer to #4 is YES, what are the correct part numbers for ordering both right and a left shoes?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Thanks for posting. The pivot shoe is a rectangular piece of plastic that connects the spiral balance to the sash. The bottom tip of the Series 900 clips into it, and then the shoe connects to the sash via a pivot bar. It serves the dual purpose of allowing the sash to tilt in for cleaning and removal.

As for which pivot bar to go with, I have no idea. The Series 900 is compatible with about a million different types. It's not possible for me to make a recommendation without seeing the original. I'm not even sure if you have one since you said that this is an aluminum window, which aren't typically tilt type. These are almost always non-tilt. Considering that, and considering you don't know what a pivot shoe is to begin with, there's a good chance you're looking at the wrong hardware. The pivot shoe should be an evident and integral part of your window setup. Are you sure the Series 900 is what you have?

If you have any doubts, you can show me some photos of your balance so that I can review what you have and make a judgement. Please note however that I would need to see an undamaged version. If any parts of it are rusted off and missing, I can't help.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.