framed glass door sweep

A handy person from virginia says:
This is a framed glass door. Sweep and drip rail have separated from door. Cannot find screws for the attachment. Need suggestions to remove and re-install. See pictures
IMG_1067.jpg
IMG_1066.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1066.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1067.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hi there,

We'd be happy to help you get your drip rail and sweep operational again. In image 1066, it looks like you unscrew one side and now need to unscrew the other side. You might do better installing a new drip rail and sweep like 10-325 with our 33-071 stainless steel screws instead of trying to reinstall your old one. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

A quick learner from 22101 says:
The screws are to attach the drip rail to the sweep and do not attach the sweep to the door. Thus, do we need some kind of adhesive or adhesive tape. I can't find a way to remove the current sweep.

I am happy to purchase the 10-325 if we can be sure it will work since I don't believe there is a screw hole on either end of the current sweep.

Thank you for your response.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Sure, you can use double stick tape to install this kind of sweep with no problem. You can find double stick tape at any local hardware store.

As for removing your old one, I'm not really sure. If those screws aren't what hold it on, then it may be held on with adhesive. There aren't really a lot of alternatives.

SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.