glass jalousie frame

A friend from baden pa. says:
i have 26 frames of glass jalousies and where the glass slides into the frame they are rivited and they are old and breaking up. do you have any replacement frames or any way to fix them? thanks
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
It might be time to purchase a new window. However with that being said, it is not impossible to repair the louvers in a jalousie window. I would suggest using some type of pop-rivet to reconnect your louver back to the window. You may be able to find replacement louvers, but it might be hard to find ones that line up for you and most jalousie window manufactures are no longer in business.
A quick learner from Florida says:
I have several broken slats of glass....where can I get replacement glass for my windows? Haven't been able to find the panes to replace.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
You will need to go to your local glass shop, if they do not stock jalousie glass they will custom make it out of 1/4" thick glass and smooth the edges.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.