glazing bead - Milgard

Handy Person from Jamul, California
Feb 25, 2023 5:26 pm

Milgard said my part number is VA0210HHGBBL. The closest I can find in your parts is 55-195. Is this a suitable substitute? If not is there a better substitute?

The photo is a cross section of the glazing bead that I cut from a piece that is falling out. As you can see, the bead has collapsed, and in some places, the bead is gone/missing (previous home owner must have thrown out bead that was falling out. I am worried that my windows will fall out with heavy wind.

1 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Tom from SWISCO
Feb 28, 2023 10:56 am

I don't believe that this is the 55-195. It's tough to say for sure, though; the shape of your end profile has been bent out of its original alignment. This is fairly common when a glazing bead has been installed for so many years, but it does make identifying the proper replacement difficult. 

You will need to do your best to bend it back to its original shape to determine the proper size. This is of course easier said than done, especially if it's brittle and prone to cracking.

Right now my top suggestions are the 55-212, 55-202, 55-006, and maybe the 55-030. This type of shape is what your glazing bead should look like. You can see detailed dimensions on each product's store page.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts