Gorell double hung tilt

A contractor from Antigua & Barbuda says:
The sashes seem to weigh (I only have bathroom scale) about 27 lbs each. I have about 35 of these Gorell sashes with coil balance problem. I?d rather rebuild than replace them.

Please let me know what you think. Do you have an installation viideo to help me get the first install done right?

Thanks, Bob Eremian
A contractor from Antigua & Barbuda says:
Please let me know where we stand with this inquiry? i will need quite a few new coil balances.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

It looks like you have our Coil Housing Pivot; 15-087 and Tandem Coil Housing; 15-086. These are typically used with the Series 180 Coil Balance. Check for a number printed on each coil that indicates the number of pounds it can carry. If you are unable to find the numbers, you'll need to go by your sash weight. Divide that weight by four and each coil will need to carry that weight. For example; if your sash weighs 28 lbs. you'll need four 7 lb. coils to support it. I have associated a couple of installation videos that may be helpful.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.