gray wool pile weather stripping

A handy person from woodbury heights nj says:
I have your #58-050 that has a 7/16" backing but it is to small for the t-channel on my door it keeps falling out.I need a 1/2" backing. is this something that is available?

Thank you
mike c
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Mike. 1/2" is a pretty uncommon size. We don't have anything like that. Can you confirm the exact size of your wool piles base?
A handy person from Woodbury heights NJ says:
It is definitely 1/2"
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we haven't been able to find anything in that size. I am sorry we cannot offer a replacement for you.
A handy person from Woodbury says:
Thanks for looking into it. What we ended up doing is putting a thin strip of duct tape on the backing taking up the 1/16" we needed and so far it's holding
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.