grid retainers

A home owner from North Carolina says:

My home was built in the early 1980's and these are probably the original. The only numbers I can find on them are the numbers 004. The present retainers are getting very brittle and need to be replaced. The hole in the window pane for the retainer is 1/4 inch(including the sleeve for the retainer.

Any help you can give on this would be greatly appreciated.


Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210715_221916.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210715_221928.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210715_222047.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210715_222357 - Copy.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, James. 

We don't carry this exact clip, but take a look at our 55-184 and 55-200 . Look over our dimensions and see if either match what you need. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at