handle for casement window

Quick Learner from new Jersey
Aug 12, 2010 3:34 pm
I am looking for the correct handle for my casement window. The height of the operator from the middle of the gear bore to the bottom seems to be 2 inches, and from the tip of the handle to the end is 3 inches. The opening in the back seems to be 1/2 inch diameter. There are 12 teeth on the actual gear inside.

Thank you for your help!
Shoshana C
Customer image of their crank handle.
6 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Aug 18, 2010 8:03 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Looking a t the operator it is most likely an 11/32" spline. SWISCO product code 39-205, is a folding handle with this gear bore size.
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Aug 20, 2010 8:28 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
You could go with a "T" handle, but it might be difficult to grip and open the window.
Quick Learner from nj
Aug 20, 2010 10:24 am
I don't believe I have more than 2 inches to maneuver the handle - does that make sense?
Quick Learner from nj
Aug 23, 2010 10:37 am
Just wondering - how do you determine the measurement of the spline? I wanted to know because there are different prices for the different spline sizes.
Quick Learner
Aug 23, 2010 1:13 pm
the operator says Truth on it. Also, the handle that I have doesn't have those two extra rectangular openings on the side of the circular opening. I placed an order, because I thought it was 11/32, as you said, but now I'm not sure. Please refer to the above photograph of the opening of the handle to let me know what you think.
Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO
Aug 24, 2010 5:10 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
If you are referring to the operator in the photo, it is a truth operator. Look at our part 39-114L. Your shorter handle in white is no longer available. The #39-114L is the newer style. We also carry the folding handle #39-205. This will also fit Truth operators.
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts