handle latch and keeper assistance

A quick learner from NY says:

I have Herculite Sliding Patio Door (Anderson) from the 1980s. I have a universal handle which works fine except the latch is not long enough (3/4"). The original latch, which I am still using, is in very poor condition, is just over 1". Also I believe the mortise lock is broken. Can you help me identify parts to fix latch/lock until I can replace door.

In looking further at SWISCO website, I found what I believe may work. Door handle 82-035 (bronze) appears to be similar to original door handle and 82-211 appears to look like mortise latch and keeper. Is it possible to buy only tooth for latch and keeper or is it better to replace. I did some measuring and these items seem to fit my needs. Do you think these items will work?

Thank you for your assistance!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 11C1A97D-3145-43C0-A320-F880E8CB2559_1_201_a.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0272DC42-BFA2-4B5C-AD99-364F14FA7CB9_1_105_c.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EB6CCE75-49DD-4C6E-8EDA-938ED83B5235_1_201_a.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I do agree that the parts you picked out match, as long as the dimensions line up. Unfortunately, the individual components of the 82-211 set are not sold separately. I apologize for the inconvenience.

A quick learner from NY says:
I ordered above parts. Door handle and lock and keeper are working fine. However, the standard latch is not long enough. I had to use old latch which is 1/2 inch longer to make it work. Can you recommend a longer than standard latch that would fit parts I just ordered? A photo of new and old latch is attached. Thank you for sharing your expertise.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 42CEFE6B-34A0-4D37-9766-2ADBB7780689.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We did carry longer versions of that thumb lever at one time, but they were discontinued and aren't made anymore. Most doors made these days have a "standard" distance between the handle and mortise, so extra length is rarely necessary. I'm afraid you will have to continue to use your original latch if the one that came with the 82-035 isn't long enough.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.