handle with pulled out key lock

A home owner from Roeland Park, Kansas says:

So I have never locked my storm door in all these years and when I decided to start I stuck the key in the lock on the outside handle and the key pulled out the lock from the handle about 1/2". It won't go back in and I can't lock from the outside. But the mechanism can be locked from the inside. It's that protruding piece that is stuck out on the outside. (see three pics attached ) What do I need to fix this. At first my handy man thought we might have to get the new mortise but now he thinks it might just need a new outside handle with a new key. Anyway, this is the style of the handle and it is antique brass I think. Please davise asap.

Thank you. Jeri 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7338.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7340.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7341.JPG

Was wondering if I could get a response today possibly? Thank you.

Jeri 

Was wondering if I could get a response today possibly? Thank you. Re reference # D22933

Jeri 

Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

Thank you for your patience during this busy season. Take a look at our 40-191 Pella Mortise Lock, as well as the 40-199 Handle Set. Carefully look over the dimensions for each and compare them to yours to see if these match what you need. 

A home owner from New Jersey says:
knob turns but door will not open do not know how to remove handle
Profile picture of Emily

It sounds like the mortise lock might be the issue. I'm not familiar with this particular handle set, but with most storm door handles there should be a set screw inside the handle that disassembles the handle. If you're still having trouble, we suggest contacting a local professional for assistance. 

A quick learner from Berlin, NJ says:

We have a Pella almond storm door and bought from you item #40-191 which was perfect except I have to order the lock only for the door. What item in Satin nickel do you have for the lock only?

Ron 

Profile picture of Emily

Hi, Ron.

Could you be looking for the 40-199 Pella storm door handle set? The 40-191 mortise is designed to work with this handle set, but you will have to compare our dimensions to your original part to confirm.

SWISCO 40-191 Storm Door Multi-Point Mortise Lock by Pella
SWISCO 40-191 Storm Door Multi-Point Mortise Lock by Pella
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
40-191 Mortise Lock Latch Assembly Removal
40-191 Mortise Lock Latch Assembly Removal
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.