hanger brackets for merillat kitchen drawer

A home owner from Sioux City, IA says:
We have a bracket that slides into the metal track and is pushed into a piece at the back wall of the cabinet. The piece that the metal bar slides into cracked. How do we remove the piece that is at the back of the cabinet. ours are very very tightly glued to the back wall. The cabinets we have were installed in 1991 and are merillat cabinets. The piece is light brown. Can we just get the piece that is cracked. The back wall of the cabinet is in an island and therefore the wall that the one piece is glued to is very thin.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

It sounds like you might need a new drawer bracket. Based on your description, it could be something like our 32-119, but this is just an educated guess. If possible, I'd like to see a picture of the original.

Another thing to note is that all of our drawer sockets screw on. It may be possible to still install something like our 32-119, but you'd have to install a piece of wood like a 1x4 to the back of the island using a type of construction adhesive. You'd then simply screw the 32-119 to it. That said, I'm not sure if this setup can work for your specific drawer, since I'm not sure what you have. Let me know your thoughts.

A handy person from MD says:
Tried that...block restricted travel span of slider...couldn't close cabinet door....very product-specific part...see picture
...note cut-out on inside of what,s left of bracket
User submitted image of their drawer hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. This is an old Merillat drawer socket. They don't make these anymore, and our 32-119 or 32-012 are the only possible replacements we carry. I've known many customer to successfully use these as replacements, but you would need some way to screw these to the back cabinet wall.
A home owner from Bettendorf Iowa says:
I have an old Merillat Drawer socket that broke. I do have a replacement. how do I take the old drawer socket off and replace with new one?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The old Merillat socket is usually just plugged into the back wall of the cabinet, and therefore should pop off without much force. However I have seen in many instances that the cabinet assemblers will glue the socket in place, which makes the project a little more difficult. If that's the situation you're in, I suggest going to your local hardware store and asking them what they'd suggest you use to remove the adhesive to allow for replacement.

SWISCO Grass Adapter Drawer Bracket
SWISCO Grass Adapter Drawer Bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.