hardware replacement

A quick learner from Sacramento, CA says:
I have an old closet with two, bi-fold doors that span 7 feet total. I'm having constant problems and they just don't move very easily. The top track looks fine but the bottom track seems to have old paint in it. I'm hoping new hardware will fix the problem without replacing the bottom track. What do you think? What hardware would you recommend?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named closet hardware 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named closet hardware 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named closet hardware 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named closet hardware 4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named closet hardware 5.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

You have the old Slimfold bi-fold doors but we carry the new style Slimfold door hardware that will work for you. Your first problem are the tracks, they look beat in the photo. The second is the seven foot length. The longest we carry are six foot. Depending on how your doors are set up, you might be able to put one 21-401 (3') and 21-404 (4') together. For the pins, you will need one 21-001 bottom corner adjusting pin. This pin will control the height of the door, the squaring up and the performance. The other three pins will be the spring loaded guide pins, our 21-007. You will need one for the top corner pivot pin and the other two for the top and bottom guide pins. Review these parts and see what you think.

I'm not sure I fully understand---what piece do I use to replace the four pieces (top and bottom on two doors) at the edge of the doors which slide in the tracks above and below. In other words, what replacement part do you recommend for the last picture I sent on this page? Also, does the 3' and 4' track screw into the floor? Or, how is it attached? Is it easy to line up the top track with the new bottom track?
Thank you!
Profile picture of Paul

For the first and fourth photo you would used the 21-007 guide pins. For the last photo, you would use the 21-002. For the second and third photo, you would use the tracks the 21-401 and 21-404 like I mentioned previously. The tracks are screwed on to the floor and you would line up the top and bottom tracks by the dropping a line from the top track down to the floor and make a mark on the floor. Let me know if this helps.

Thank you!
Based upon the information you provided--in order to fix my 2 closet doors I will purchase 4x21-007, 2x21-002, 2x21-001, 1x21-401, and 1x21-404. Do I need anything else like 21-154 or 21-277? I'm ready to buy as soon as you reply. THANK YOU!!!
Profile picture of Paul

For two closet doors you will need the following:

(6) 21-007

(2) 21-001

(1) 21-401

(1) 21-404 

(2) 21-277 

You can reuse your (2) 21-154 from the old doors for the (2) 21-001 adjusting pins.

How to install bi-fold closet door pins
How to install bi-fold closet door pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.