hinge pin par

A home owner from Chatham MA says:

We are missing one of the metal pins that goes into the spring. The spring is 2 and 1/2 inches long and the opening to the hinge itself is 5/16 inches wide.

I forgot to get the name of the door but it is about 1980's. If you need it I can drive there to look at it. There are four hinges total on the door.

Jean

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-10/25/2022, 2:52:38 PM.png
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Jean. We don't sell the exact pin you're referring to, but we sell the 40-165 storm door hinge repair kit. These act as pins on this sort of hinge and in my experience can get things working again, though you should note that their application is not universal. Review the dimensions for each component and see what you think.

Bushing for 40-165
Bushing for 40-165

Pin for 40-165
Pin for 40-165

Spring for 40-165
Spring for 40-165

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.