hole opening for door knob

A quick learner from pa says:
I have a door with a hole opening of 1 1/2". Is there an adapter or a handle set to fit this opening
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Unfortunately, there are no adapters to make the hole 1". Did you take a look at our 40-040? This latch has a cover plate with it and might cover your hole. If not, please send a photo of your door and the old lock. This will help us find an appropriate replacement. Thank you.
A quick learner from glenside, pa says:
Tom,
Here are two photos of the hole in the storm door. The opening is 1 1/4". The old door handle base plates are 1 1/2" diameter.

I had not found the 40-040, but it looks like it might work. When you have looked at my photos, can you tell me if the 40-040 will work?

Thanks.
User submitted photos of storm door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. Yes, it looks like the 40-040 could fit in that hole. However, keep in mind that you will have to drill new screw holes.

I also recommend that you take a look at the installation instructions for the 40-040 and double check to make sure you will be able to install it with your current set up.
Additional information for 40-040
Additional information for 40-040
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.