how do you remove the broken pivot bar

A home owner from Westbrook, Ct. says:
Do you know how to remove a broken pivot bar that broke off while still in the window? Any suggestions on how to remove the piece left in the window Thanks
A home owner from westbrook, ct. says:
It broke off at the screw hole closest to the head of the pivot bar and the rest of the bar is stuck inside of the window.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Without actually seeing the window it's hard to figure out the problem, however what I would try is to remove the screws and try to shake out the broken pivot bar or possibly try to grab it with a needle nose or long nose pliers.
A quick learner from Virginia says:
I just had to replace two of them in the same window. Since they was older windows the bar that was broke was stuck, so i took a small nail and stuck it in the screw hole, and gave it a few taps with a hammer. It loosened it up enough that i could use something to press against the bar and move it enough to get a hold of it with some pliers. it came out easy enough
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.