how to

A quick learner from Ks says:
I have these locks on my windows. How do I get these to work? I've tried and tried but can't get the to work. Need a demo, please.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

If your vent latches are still in working condition, you should be able to push the center insert in like a button to extend it so that how far the window can open will be limited. If you push the button again, it will retract so that the window can open freely. 

If you're replacing them, the tabs on the top and bottom would snap into place once you push the latch into the frame opening. Hope this helps. 

A home owner from Fond du Lac, wi. says:
How do you remove old sash vent latch?
Profile picture of Casey

To remove the 26-362, you'll need to slide a putty knife under the lip of the vent lock and force it out from the sash. Thanks for posting. 

A quick learner from MD says:
I can't get them to go back in. How do you g see t them to go back in?
Profile picture of Casey

Hello,

If your vent latches are still in working condition, you should be able to push the center insert in like a button to extend it so that how far the window can open will be limited. If you push the button again, it will retract so that the window can open freely.

If you're replacing them, the tabs on the top and bottom would snap into place once you push the latch into the frame opening. Hope this helps. 

A home owner from RI says:
I have these locks on all my windows and once one pops out it will not go back in. I've tried everything. Is this a known issue? Is there a solution?
Profile picture of Casey

If these are your original vent latches, it sounds like the internal spring may be broken and it's time for replacements if it will not retract back into the housing when you need to open the window all the way. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.