how to install 82-080

Quick Learner from Aliso viejo
May 19, 2021 3:23 pm

Looks like I have a similar if not the same lock as the Product Code: 82-080

I am confused as to how to install it. Got any videos?

I see how everything is supposed to fit but when I put the male end of the locking mechanism through the square hole inside the door it does not move the lock up and down

Patrick

IMG-2400 IMG-2401 IMG-2402 internal locking system
4 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 24, 2021 12:27 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

I agree, the 82-080 looks like what you have here. We don't have a video on it, unfortunately, but it's not that difficult to install. You just put it on the door and screw it in. Note that our screws come in from the sides.

As for the mortise lock not working, check to make sure that the anti-slam button in the middle of the mortise lock is depressed. The reason this function exists is to prevent you from closing the door while the hooks were extended, which had a tendency to break the door in all kinds of messy ways. It happened more often than you'd think. The anti-slam button is a quality of life upgrade present on most modern mortise locks.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts