Channel Balance Help

A contractor from Florida says:

lookimg for replacement

hurricane window tilt balance 29 inch stamped number on original 281 BSI TO

The weight of single sash is 48 lbs. If possible can I retro with newer coil style. The space is 1 3/8.

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

We may be able to help, but that stamp doesn't tell us the balance's identity, just its possible spring calibration. Can you remove the balance from the window and show pictures of any fittings or attachments at either end of the metal channel? Can you also show me that stamp code, just to confirm it? From there I'll do my best to narrow this down for you. 

A contractor from Florida says:
Photos
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201019_112626.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201019_112559.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201019_112445.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201019_112433.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to me. This looks like a Series 770 Channel Balance, which has a 15-043 clip on the bottom and typically attaches to the top of the window jamb with a screw. Let me know if that matches what you have. Now, you say the metal channel is 29", but in your photo you show it at 28", so please confirm the exact metal channel length. 

Now, if the window sash is indeed 48 lbs, that's heavier than anything our standard stamp options for these balances carry, but we still may be able to help. If you can confirm the exact metal channel length, I'll look into this for you. Many thanks. 

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.