identify replacement latches

A home owner from Bartlett, IL says:
I included 2 photos of a male latch and the 2 photos of the receiving female latch box originally installed in 1996. Female receiving latch box is approx. 2.72 high by 2.25 wide by 0.96 inches thick. The centerline between the 2 screws is approx 2 inches.
The flat base of the small Male latch is approx 1.35 high by 0.48 inches wide and a material thickness of approx 0.11 inches. The centerline between the 2 screws is approx 0.9 inches. The dimension to the outside of the 2 locking "TANGS" is approx 0.2 inches. The small width of each "TANG" is about 0.2 inches.

Let me know if you need any further info. Thank you for the help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window female latch 1A.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window female latch 1B.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window MALE latch 1A.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window MALE latch 1B.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I think your lock here might be an older version of our 38-075. Look it over and let me know if you agree.

The keeper also looks a little bit different compared to what's used with this newer hardware, so to play it safe you should also consider purchasing our 38-089.

A home owner from Bartlett, IL says:

Thank you for the info. Most but not all the dimensions match mt existing parts. On the 38-075 sash lock Additional Image #3, there is a 15/16" dimension on the drawing between screw holes, but on my parts installed it is about 1 - 1/4 " On the 38-089 Keeper,on Additional Image #2, there is a 1 inch dimension on the photo, but my actual part is 0.8 inches.

Also the Keeper looks to be plastic but my actual part is metal. Is a metal part available? Do you think what you recommended will work as a direct replacement for the parts I originally sent in photos & with some dimensions noted? Do you need additional dimensions from my parts before we can decide on the correct replacement? Can you give me the exact part numbers from the manufacturer (Truth.com) so I can check additional details & dimensions before ordering from Swisco? Thanks.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The dimensions on both parts I mentioned are going to be a little different, yes. Truth changes how these are designed from year to year. That's the main reason why you can't use the new 38-075 with your old keeper, or why you can't use our new 38-089 keeper with your old lock. 

However, the 38-075 and 38-089 are explicitly designed to work together. It doesn't matter if they aren't compatible with your old parts since they're compatible with each other. As long as they mount on your window then you aren't going to run into any issues.

Our 38-089 keeper is made of metal. To my knowledge there are no plastic components for either product.

How to Replace a Casement Window Lock & Keeper
How to Replace a Casement Window Lock & Keeper
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.