install process of replacement window wool pile

A home owner from Minnesota says:
I have replacement windows. The window sides into a pocket with weatherstripping that looks like 58-127 on both vertical edges. The edges are fully closed on both ends. Is there a tool or a trick to remove and install in this situation?
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You may be able to use a utility knife to cut out the old weatherstripping and with a thin putty knife lift up to open the indentations so you can slide in the new weatherstrip. If you cannot slide the new wool pile in, try laying the wool pile along the channel while placing one edge into the channel and then push the other edge in using a pointed tool.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)