23-138 installation

A quick learner says:
How do I separate the steeel door bracket from the plastic star wheeled adjuster?

Peter
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Peter, thanks for posting. I know that the wheel bracket is screwed onto the shaft. The bracket and star are held together with spring pressure. You would have to press down on the spring to slide off the installation bracket.
A home owner from Louisiana says:
My pocket door that recently broke uses these types of rollers and for the life of me I can't get the door to detach from the wheels. From what I read from the above post the star should be pushed away from the door bracket toward the wheels to release the pressure that holds the door bracket to the wheels, is this correct?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The design of this roller assembly seems to be made to snap on, but very difficult to snap off, because of the strong spring. If you can wedge the white star up towards the wheels you will be able to release the metal bracket from the wheels.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.