jeld wen window crank out part broke

A home owner from yuma AZ says:

hellow my jeld wen window was opened too far and the black piece that fits flat on the casing that holds the are in place has 3 black holes and the last hole that the little arm has attached in ripped so the small arm will not stay in place thus making it hard to close window. The piece is about 2 to 3 inches long and is black with 3 small holes in it and the base of the window arm that opens and closed the window sits in that piece.

Let me know if you have the piece and maybe you could send me a photo

thank you Julie

Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Julie.

We'd be happy to help but we'll need to see pictures of the hardware in question in order to determine a match. 

Hi I have taken 2 photos of the window that the screw pulled out of the black hole and a photo of all my other window arms. Not sure why they are different but it looks like I need the part that sits on the window sill and has the arm attached to it.
let me know what you think.
thank you, Julie
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named photos of window that is broken.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named photos of window at house.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named photo of window that is broken #2.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you, Julie! We don't sell this black piece by itself so you'll need a new hinge set. Start by reviewing the dimensions for our 36-048 and 36-049 to see if one of these matches up to your old hinge. Just be sure to replace the top and bottom hinges at the same time.

Hi, The problem is I cannot open the window or I will not get it closed. if I gave you the dimensions of the window would you be able to tell me which one I need? I am pretty sure that I need the longer one.
Profile picture of Emily

Oh I see. I'm afraid the dimensions of your window wouldn't help. The only way to know if our hardware matches yours is to compare the dimensions to see if they align so you'll have to use your best judgement. If you'd like a peace of mind, you can see our return policy here.

I measured the bar hinge on a different window and I believe the 10" is what I need to fix that window. I would like to order the 10 and 14 inch ones and see what works.
Please let me know how I can order these parts.
thank you for all your help.
Profile picture of Emily

Sure, all orders can be placed directly on our website whenever you'd like. When you find a part you want like the 36-048 and 36-049, simply click "Add to Cart," and then click "Checkout" at the top right hand corner of the screen. Don't forget to set the quantity needed!

You can also see our return policy here, if you'd like a peace of mind.

How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.