kerf mount seal replacement

A quick learner from PA says:
I need a Kerf for a door gap of 12/16" to 13/16" The door is metal and the Kerf length is 3/8". Do you have something that can help me?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Sure, I believe we can help. To get started, may we see some photos of the kerf seal you have been using? You will need to remove a portion of it from the window and send us some photos from an end profile with measurements.

1 - Length of kerf

2 - Same

3 - Width of existing strip

4 - 1/8"gap depth of existing strip
4-Actually the gap beyond the existing weatherstrip is almost 2/8
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

We're almost there. We need a side profile picture the the image we shows you in our last message so that we can find a replacement with the same shape as yours. Then we should be able to narrow down your options. Thank you!

The second picture shows the item - It actually used to work well - i'm not sure it it was flat where it contacted the door or sort of bulbous - Now it's all scrunced doen

Also in me drawing i did not include the "membrane" that runs inside the rectangle - it seems live plastic and runs from maybe 12:00 to 4:00

As I mentioned - the situation right now is that when the door meets the stripping there is a 1/8" gap as if the rectangle shrunk or collapsed

I hope you folks have something
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

We have a swinging door compression foam seal with a kerf that I think should work for your door. Look at our 58-201 and let me know what you think.

Hi Paul,

I'm not sure that will do it. If you look at the first picture i sent on Jan. 15th the gap between the door and the jam is nearly 7/8" while the suggested seal shows 5/8". Am I missing something?

Bill
Hi All,
Do you have anything that will fill a 7/8" gap?

Bill
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your patience, Bill. I'm afraid we couldn't find anything closer. The best option we were able to find was our 58-173. Could you use this instead?

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.