keyed sliding glass handle

A handy person from Clearlake says:
I need to replace a sliding glass door handle. The old handle has been removed and is missing. I bought the house this way. The holes on the door are 3 inches apart. And it locks by grabbing the latch on the outside of the door frame (there is no hole for and interior latch)

I don't mind drilling new holes. Is there a "universal"? It just needs to latch on the outside. Sort of grabs the door frame.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I'm not sure what you have. Without seeing your original handle, it would be hard for me to say. However, you may want to consider our 82-013. This has 3" hole centers. Take a look and see what you think.

You might also want to check with your neighbors. They might have the same door.
A professional from California says:
International #82-060 is much more common and has 3" holes. And is much easier to add a key.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)