keylock for sliding patio door

A quick learner from Hayward CA says:
Hi,

Style of door:New castle XT/Insulate 960 (see label in pdf)

I need key lock for the door. currently i can only lock from inside.
Door locks on left side.
Please advise if you have parts to make this into key lock entry.

Thanks.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at our 82-081 patio door handle with a key lock. See if this matches up to the one you need for your door. I would just go over our dimensions to be sure.
Hi, Dave

I opened the four screws on the latch mechanism and i see few gears mechanism to turn the lock (from inside).
Handle have no screws to open them per 82-081 drawing i found on your website.
How does one dismantle this lock? Pl advise.

Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Looking at your pictures, there don't appear to be any screws on the side, which is weird. Could they be on the other side we can't see? I'm actually not sure how else you are supposed to remove these. Every lockset I know of in this style has screws.
Yes there are no screws whatsoever on the handles.
i can open the screws in the latch mechanism if that gives any ideas.

As i mentioned when i open it, i saw gear teeth driving the latches with the lever on the handle.
Outside handle is just a pull handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we're really at a loss for this one. Without any screws I really can't see how these are supposed to be replaced. I would assume the manufacturer wouldn't have these permanently installed on the doors, but you never know. I think your best bet would be to contact a local professional familiar with homes in your area. I've never seen anything like this before.
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.