left and right side for 26-188W

A quick learner from NJ says:
Do you sell both left and right side latches? From the picture, it appears that this is a left side d tilt latch?

Also do you offer any discounts if I buy in sets?

Thanks.
Stephen
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Stephen, good to see you again. The 26-188W is Neutral, which means it can work on both the left and right hand side. You just need to reverse the inside portion of the latch. All pricing can be found on each part's respective page.
Hi Paul,

But the how is reversing the inside portion going to help when the holes for the screws on the latch are permanent and asymmetric? I am referring to the hole at 7/8" and at 1/8". Thanks,

Stephen
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You just reverse the inside "tooth," which is a separate piece. The housing will still work. If you're still confused, send us a picture of your latch and we can work from there.
Hi Paul,

I have a couple of right latches, see attachment. I want to purchase left side latches to complement them. What I'm confused is for model 26-188W, the screw holes are fixed and assymetrical in dimension. These holes align exactly to the window frame. If I purchase the 26-188W to use as my left latch, will the holes match exactly to the window frame?

Stephen
User submitted photos of a tilt latch.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Here, we have created an animated image to show you exactly what you have to do. Once the inside tooth is reversed you just orient the latch to the side in question.
.gif of a tilt latch.
Thanks for the video, this clears up everything!
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.