lock for sliding door, part 82-315

A home owner from Florissant, Missouri says:
I was recommended from a previous post to acquire Swisco part 82-315 for a lock on a sliding door. The problem is that it has a piece to insert that exceeds the diameter of the hole in the door. There are two spaces that would have to be enlarged, and I'm not sure I can do this. Shall I get a refund by returning the part I bought, or shall I get advice how to mess around with tools to try to make this one work? I am not a good handyman.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Swisco part 82-315 instructions.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Swisco part 82-315 with brass protrusion that has
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named brass protrusion on Swisco 82-315 lock piece that
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named door frame hole has too narrow diameter for lock m
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named holes to punch out on outer door handle.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey there. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble installing the 82-315. Where is the handle that the lock goes into? Have you watched the video below? Let me know if this clears up any issues you're having.

How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.