looking for a stronger replacement for 39-044 and 39-045

A home owner from san francisco, ca says:
hello,

i've replace the getty operator parts on my windows a few times now. unfortunately, living in san francisco, it's always a bit windy. the back and forth force on an opened window eventually wears down and then strips the gears in the mechanism.

1) is there a stronger alternative for this operator?

2) i already bought a pair of casement window adjusters (39-077), but haven't yet found a good way to mount them to my older aluminum window frames. i can eventually get them mounted somehow, but wanted to check with you first before spending the time modifying the window frames and the adjusters.

thanx,
jon
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

If you originally had the Getty type operators on your casement window, then installing our 39-077 might present a problem. Your window was designed to go with the Getty operator specifically. 

One idea would be to manually operate your casement window with the operator removed. That way you can check to see if it still opens and closes smoothly. If you still have problems, then the operator isn't the problem. You could possibly use some type of spray lubricant on the tracks and hinges to help it. Your window tracks and hinges could be the reason your operators don't last long. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.