looking for parts to fix window that wont stay open

A home owner from Bakersfield CA says:
It is a radco window. series 1600 plus. H-R35-48x99. aama /nwwda 101/ I.s. 2-97. is the only sticker on the window.
I do not know what parts I need nor do I know how to figure out what part I need ? The window lifts up but will not stay up . it is a dual pane hng window.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

It sounds like you may need to replace the balances on both sides of the window. Balances are springs that help lift up and close the window. We can help. To start, you will need to remove those pieces from the window and upload some images for us to see. From there, we will have a look and see what we can do.

I need to know where to get the parts for the window. Radco is no longer in business.
Profile picture of Casey

We do offer replacement window hardware, but we would actually need to see photos of the hardware beforehand so we can determine which of our replacements to recommend. 

My husband would need to help me , the window is heavy. I cannot take it off . maybe this weekend.
I have two windows that need fixed. Sash style . one window has the balance that reads 32-3 with BSI / pd . second window has 20 4 bsi/pd.
need parts , prices, and instructions. These are Radco windows that arr no longer in business.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SAM_3346.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SAM_3343.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SAM_3342.JPG
Profile picture of Casey

With the part still being installed in the window, we can not make a determination on a replacement. You will need to remove the complete balance out of the window so that we can see both nylon fittings on the balance. We will also need for you to confirm the metal length of the balance for us. Thank you.

HOW do you remove them ? they do not pull out . if you pull on them they suck up into the Heavy windows.
Profile picture of Casey

Take a look at the video below. it shows how a channel balance is replaced, but you will also see how the original one is removed from the window. 

this is the bathroom window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SAM_3444.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SAM_3443.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SAM_3441.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SAM_3439.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SAM_3440.JPG
Profile picture of Casey

Hello there. Welcome back. Your balance looks compatible to our Series 385. This comes fully assembled with the 19-005 top and 15-004 bottom balance shoe. Carefully compare your nylon fittings with ours to confirm if this is a match. For the balance marked with "20 4", the metal length measurement of the part should measure 21", giving you the part number S385-21 with a 2040 option. As for the balance marked with "32 3", the metal length should be 33", giving you part number S385-33 with a 3230 option. Look these over and see what you think. 

Alternate view of 15-004
Alternate view of 15-004
the metal is 21" but the plastic shoe does not have the protrusion under the metal hook. and the shoe on the bottom is 1 1/16th " from the bottom of the flare to the rounded end.
If it is from the inside of the flare next to the metal it is only 11/16ths . the numbers on the metal are 20 4 BSI pd.
this would be the smaller window for the bathroom
Profile picture of Casey

In that case then, may we see a photos of the 21" length balance you're referring to? I want to make sure I recommend the correct replacement for it.

the pictures I just sent are the piece that is 21"
Profile picture of Casey

Oh, I see. Looking at your photos, I would still recommend our S385-21 to be the best option in a replacement. With your depth measurement, it could be less than 1-3/32" due to wear and tear your balance had over time in the window. Have another look, review our measurements, and if you still believe this isn't the replacement you need, let us know, and we will go from there.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.