looking to replace all the handles

A handy person from miami says:
I would like to completely replace all 4 handles, or if possible just the outside handles with something that actually has a handle on it that is not recessed (like the inside). I am willing to replace all four and the lock if necessary. The active lock side is the door on the right (when facing outside). Interior screws appear to be between 6 1/8 and 6/14 on center. Can you point me in the right direction to get this resolved? Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1374.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1375.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1376.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1377.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1378.JPEG
correction: between 6 1/8 and 6 1/4 on center
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. These types of Patio door handles only come with the recessed outside handle, I'm afraid. It is made this way as to not interfere with the sliding screen door. You could attempt to install something like our 82-044 above or below the existing handle, but it would not be incorporated with the existing handle setup. If you attempted this, you would want to take great care not to drill too deep, or you'll risk damaging the glass or the door. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

The 82-044 you mentioned might work I guess. How exactly would that be installed on the outside?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

You would have to drill holes and then mount the handle set with screws appropriate to your door; a local hardware store might be able to assist with that. Again, we stress that if you try this, take great care not to hit the glass while drilling. 

I assume you would have to drill a hole all the way through the door to the other side?

What would you suggest using as a backplate or mechanism to anchor the inside for 82-044
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

If you were to use the 82-044 pull handle all you would need to do is to drill a hole through the door style all the way to the inside of the door. You would need to use two pan head screws with a 10-24 thread count. You would need to purchase the correct length of screw from a hardware store in your area. Take the handle to the store with you to get the correct thread count and length. You should not need anything else to install the handle. However take care you don't damage the door or drill into the glass when installing the handle. One idea would be to remove your existing handle to take a peak inside the door style to see if you can drill through it.

reviving this thread, do you have any idea where I can purchase a replacement for the exterior recessed handle?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, I don't know of any company that might sell this exact hardware setup. It is fairly old fashioned so there is a good chance that it's not made anymore. At the very least, the only thing I can say with confidence is that we don't sell an exact match.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. 

How to install a screw cap cover
How to install a screw cap cover
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.