matching balances with yours

A contractor from Brea, Ca 92823 says:
I have 28hdb, 28hd, 24hdb, and 24hd, ribbed A751 channel balances for old Norco doublehung windows. I measured the balance and it doesn't match with yours. HDB is the back and the HD is the front if I'm correct. I have several balances I need to order asap. but your 30" says 29hd and mine is 30" but has a stamp on it that says 28HDB and a 29" that says 28HD. can you clarify.
A contractor from Brea, Ca 92823 says:
also why don't you offer jamb liners if you have the balances that go in them. I also have a jamb liner that needs to be replaced and its approx. 62' tall with a 28HDB and a 28HD channel balance install with a stamp on it that clearly says 28HDB and 28HD. help please
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Can you confirm the length of your balance? Make sure to only measure the metal channel. If the stamp on your Series 751 channel balance starts with "28," the metal channel should be 29" long.

Jamb liners are very tricky to supply. There are many, many variables involved when it comes to replacing them, so much so that it is impractical to carry them. We recommend contacting a local mill work for assistance. They should be able to match up the proper jamb liner for you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)