material coating for leaf springs

A handy person from Bend, OR says:
I am designing a filter enclosure that will be using these leaf springs in a high humidity location and need to know what kind of coating is used on these, rather it is zinc phosphate + oil, electroplated zinc + chromate conversion coating, zinc phosphate + organic coating (usually cathodic electrodeposition epoxy) or other coating. Please get back to me at your greatest convenience.

Thanks,
Brent
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I believe the 70-186 is electroplated zinc with a chrome finish. They are rust resistant, but I believe they will rust in time. You could also look at the 70-097 and 70-193 springs. These are made of stainless steel and hold up very well against corrosion. See if these will fit your screen frame.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.