measuring size of balance

A quick learner from boynton beach florida says:
how do you know what length balance rod to get
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You would need to measure the length of the metal channel. Make sure to also measure it's width to confirm that you have the Series 800 channel balance. This is a very skinny balance at 3/8" and not all that common.
A quick learner from Boynton beach says:
That makes no sense some of the window Chanel's are 4 feet long , they are 1/2 inch wide. Is it the length of the window that moves up and down that u measure, this house has 15 windows and 4 different size windows
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I think you may have misunderstood. I'm not referring to the window track, I'm talking about the metal channel of the balance itself. I see you were looking at our S800-26, so let's use that as an example. Do you see how this balance is comprised of a long metal channel with two nylon fittings on either end? You only want to measure that metal channel by itself.

We even have a picture on the S800-26 store page that shows exactly what you need to measure. In the picture below, it's labelled as 26".

Now, you mentioned your channels are 1/2". Are you talking about the metal channel of the balance, or the window track? If your balance metal channel is 1/2", look at this page. I think you may have one of these. The Series 800 will not work for you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)