metal guide?

A quick learner from Pasadena, California says:
Hi - My chest of drawers is missing one of these small metal parts that seems to be in charge of limiting the drawer's left-to-right movement so that the drawer closes straight. The metal part inserts into the wood at the front bottom of the drawer frame, one on the left and one on the right. The photos show the piece and also the piece when inserted into the drawer frame. Not sure what the part is called. It measures about 18mm across at its widest and 18mm from top corner to bottom point.
User submitted a photo of drawer hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we don't have an exact match for this guide, but I think we have some parts that can replace it. You say that these keep the drawer steady without shifting to the left or right. That reminds me of our 32-083 tack guide. Could you install this on either side of the drawer opening so that it works in the same capacity? See what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)