Channel Balance Half-Inch length?

A quick learner says:
the length from end to end is actually 36.5 " . not including the plastic caps / should I have ordered the 37" channel ? the imprint on the channel stamped 3640 , I thought maybe that was an indicator of the correct product to order / match up.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. If the metal channel is indeed 36-1/2" long, not including the nylon fittings, then I am afraid neither the 36" or 37" channel balances will work for you. Instead, you'll need balances with that exact length. We should be able to provide this for you via custom order. I am looking into a quote for (4) Series 390 balances, 36-1/2" in length, and with the corresponding stamp option. I'll get back to you as soon as I can with more information. 

If you want to return the standard balances you purchased, see our Return Policy here

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Before we proceed further, can you show me pictures of the nylon fittings at both ends? I just want to be absolutely sure you're dealing with a Series 390. You'd be surprised what variations there are with these balances. Assuming it is a Series 390, I have a quote I can then send to you. Many thanks. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.