metal mirrored bifold doors in bedroom

A home owner from Lakewood, CO says:
The pictures show a pin which you have to push up and slide into the double-u shaped plastic slide. The doors are over 25 years old. I can't find the parts in any store such as Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware and an old hardware store. I havae called every bifold door place and can't find the part. I put some black tape around the post and pounded it into the slot--very temporary. The pin has a round head that slides into the slot and the spring on the pin is supposed to hold it in place. The pin is held in by a metal slider so the pin will not fall out of the hole.

The door is in Florida and is a property that we own and use plus rent it out. We live in Lakewood, Colorado.

I would appreciate all the help you can give me.

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4425.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4421.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4422.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4423.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4424.JPG
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Greetings -

If you're just looking for the top nylon guide, you can use our 21-108. Just note that you'll need to remove the track to slide out the old guide and slide in the new guide. If you need any additional surrounding hardware, take a look at our guide pins like 21-049, 21-050 and 21-058.

A home owner from Lakewood, CO says:
I have been trying to find the bottom pivot guide as I did not take a picture of it. Do you think that 21-048 would work? What do you put in the guide for it to fit into? Would 21-205 work? I am also confused as to 21-050 and 21-058. They appear the same except one has a cotter and the other has a different way of holding the spring. I did not see a cotter pin but a different type of u-shape holder below the spring. The bifold doors are full vu (all Mirror-no edge). The doors in our condo in Florida and I won't be back done for a couple of weeks and would like to have the parts to put in while I am there.

I really appreciate your help.

Charla
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The 21-048 threaded pin will work as long your original pin is 5/16" thick. The guide you mention, 21-205, is a pivot bracket for 21-048 that locks in the track. The 21-049 and 21-050 are the same pin assemblies except the locking device to keep the pins from coming out of the door. Some doors used a pin with a hole for the cotter pin and some use a pal nut to lock their pins. The "U" shape is a compress locking clip, 21-157, that can be used to hold the guide pin in the door. Some people find this one easier to use. Take a look and let us know if you need anything else. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)