metal security door lock

A home owner from USA says:
I have an old metal security door that I am looking for a replacement lock or tumbler. I got locked out of my house because I lost the key to the security door. The locksmith came and opened the door, however, since I did not have a backup key the door is disabled. The door is old and the name on the lock panel is PADO. I looked up on your web site and it looks like your product code 40-049 would be usable. Can you verify that would work for me?
User submitted a photo of door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I have used our 40-049 lock set to replace the PADO lock in the past. You might have adjust it a little, but I think it's a good match. Just make sure to remove yours from the door so to match up the dimensions with what we show on the 40-049 store page.
A quick learner from Temple Hills, MD 20748 says:
Is it possible to just replace the tumbler part the lock on this door. If so how much would that cost.

Susan N
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Our 40-089 is the tumbler used in the 40-049, but I do not know if it will work for your own handle set. It looks like yours is more square, which is not a style we have. You may want to contact a local locksmith, they may be able to help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)